Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Stitching Angels

A few weeks ago Sara at The Split Stitch asked for "stitching angels" to stitch up some samples of her patterns. I sent her an email volunteering. When the list of patterns go to me, I picked the American Football pattern. I have decided to make some coasters, perhaps for a Christmas gift.
This week, she has asked that we share a little about our stitching process. I almost always use a washable transfer pen to transfer my patterns. It's quick, it's easy, it washes out. If I'm using a light fabric and an easy pattern, I just trace it through the fabric. My secret for more complicated designs or darker fabrics is actually my daughter's Lite Brite. It is much fancier than the old school kind I had. One side is traditional Lite Brite, one is dry erase, one is a lightbox/tracing area, and I'm not sure about the other. It worked great for this little football.

My blue transfer pen wouldn't work on the green fabric, so I just used a regular pencil. I almost always just stitch on white fabric, but I'm trying to branch out. This green is really football field green, not this color. The football stands out really well.

These are all stitched up and washed (the fabric isn't so thin, it's just wet!). I think I'm doing to add a little houndstooth and make them Alabama coasters. I really like the way they are turning out.

Please jump over to The Split Stitch to see how the other "angels" are coming along!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: