Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reversible John John

I saw this tutorial for reversible John Johns months ago, but didn't really add it to my to make list. I'm not really a john john type of mom. I don't really dress my kids in smocked clothes with their monogram on them. It's just not my style. But it is my sister's. She is fostering a cute little baby (and I mean little...9 weeks old!). I decided I would give it a try.


The tutorial from Growing Home doesn't include snaps. That is obviously not practical with a little baby. Someone in the comments was nice enough to explain how to put it together with the snaps. I had to improvise a little to get it to work, but I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

Wouldn't this look cute with an elephant on it? It did. I spent 45 minutes carefully appliqueing an elephant on only to discover it was on the back. Nice. It took almost 2 hours to pick out all of those careful stitches. Next time I'll get it!

This is a 9 month, so it will be a little while before I get to see how it actually looks on a kid! I'm going to try a few more. Any suggestions for cute boy fabric?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: