Monday, August 29, 2011

Finished!

I finally finished the Plus Quilt for my daughter's bed. I love the way it turned out.

The details:
Finished size~67x85
Fabric~Various 30s reproductions
Pattern~Plus Quilt found here
Quilting~Straight line quilting around each plus

I love how the quilting stands out here.

I pieced one strip down the middle for the back. I picked the yellow because I didn't want more pink after Little Miss insisted on pink polka dots. I ended up doing a small pink polka dot border and then using it for the binding as well. I've never done more than one border, but I really like the effect.

She really liked it too!

She spent about 15 minutes rearranging all of the pillows and stuffed animals. She says it's so cozy.

This is my favorite project ever. It was quick to put together. I love the material. I love the pattern. I love the result. The only thing I didn't love was the process of quilting it, but I love the end result. I'm glad I stuck with it and finally finished it! Now to start the next one...


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Christy Ross said...

it looks so great and the quilting is more than amazing. Great job!

Melissa said...

Beautiful job! She clearly is in love :)

Mandy Mc said...

It is beautiful! Great job, friend!

Irina said...

beautiful!