Sunday, September 09, 2012

Gypsy Dance Top

A month and a half ago, Bree over at Distant Pickles put out a call for pattern testers.  I volunteered and was able to work on testing Bree's new pattern, Gypsy Dance. I had some LouLouThi fabric that I has been hoarding that I thought would be perfect.  It was!

I thought I was going to make a twin, but it ended up being a queen(ish).  The finished top is 81 x 100. 
Do you know how hard it is to get a good picture of a quilt that big? :-)

This pattern has a lot of pieces, but they are all squares and rectangles.  I usually avoid designs that require so much precise piecing, but I'm glad I did this one.  I took my time with the piecing and most of my points are pretty good!

The brown with the butterfly and roses is my favorite piece of fabric!  I ordered some more to incorporate into the backing.

I had a PILE of triagles left over, so I started sewing them together, just so they wouldn't end up in my scrap box with nothing to do.  I ended up triming them into 3 1/2 inch squares.  I'm piecing them into a strip of diamonds to put on the back. It looks like I'll have enough for a baby quilt left over after that!  (Maybe not a whole baby quilt, but certainly enough to make blocks for one!)

This pattern was very easy to follow.  It wasn't hard at all, just time consuming with so many pieces.  If you are interested in trying it, Bree over at Distant Pickles is finishing it up and I think you'll be able to order it soon!
Posted by Picasa