Wednesday, January 04, 2012

2011 in Review: Part 2~ Lofty Quilty Goals

Last year I set some quilting goals for myself.  For me it was a nice thing to check back on throughout the year and see if I was really doing what I wanted to be doing.  I wasn't sure if I was going to stay into the whole sewing thing, so I set pretty general goals.  I think I did pretty well.

For 2011 I have a couple of quilts I want to try to make. First I'm going to try to do Birdie Stitches Block of the Month. I love to embroider and I like to quilt. Hopefully I'll end up with something I love. (I've finished all of the blocks and have them pieced together.  Just need to finish the border for the top and quilt!)

I also have all of the fabric to make
The Orange Quilt. I have a bunch of orange and aqua Jay McCarroll fabric that I got on clearance at fabric.com. I love it and I think this would be a great quilt to use it! (Nothing on this.  I still have the fabric, but haven't cut into it!)

I would also like to make a zigzag quilt. Maybe a zigzag rainbow. (Done! I used the Punctuation charm pack below for this quilt.  I love it.)

I also have a Punctuation charm pack and Adoring Christmas one. I would like to make a gift quilt with the Christmas one and maybe a baby quilt with the other one. (See Above!  I didn't do anything with the Adoring Christmas.  I bought it on clearance and I don't love it, so I have a hard time wanting to use it.)

I have also gotten 30 30's reproduction fabrics. I'd like to make a 2 inch hexagon grandmother's garden with them. (Instead of a flower garden, I used these fabrics to make a plus quilt for my daughter.  We both love it.  It's my favorite project of 2011.)


I'm working on my list of goals for 2012.  I'm thinking 12 for '12. 

1 comment:

Josie McRazie said...

great job on your goals!! I know we always set them a little high and well, we are only human! Happy New year and good luck with your new goals!!