Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wild Olive Stitch Swap

Mollie at Wild Olive hosted a switch swap in March.  You were supposed to stitch up a 4 inch hoop and send it your partner.  I was very excited when I got mine since I had totally forgotten it was coming.


A swirly S.  We were supposed to say what colors and motifs we liked.  I wasn't very helpful with motifs, but I did say that I liked green.  It's like Sarah knew me.  She did have this blog to look at!

This is my hoop.  My person, Jennifer, said she liked floral motifs and pink.  I'm pretty sure that I'll never get the glitter all cleaned up, but I do like the way it looks on the hoop.  This is one of the Garden Gals from one of the patterns over at Wild Olive.  I really like how she turned out.  I had a hard time finding something small enough that I liked. 
If you've never done a swap, I would encourage you to be on the look out for one that's interesting to you.  It's a nice way to challenge yourself and get something made just for you in return!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah said...

so glad you got your hoop and even more relieved to hear you like it :) I know it's tricky trying to figure out what someone else will like (even if they give you a boatload of info, it's still hard!). :) enjoy your S and I love the idea of putting glitter on the hoop, yours turned out wonderful!