Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Charm Baby Quilt Finish

Our first Second Saturday Sewing project was a charm baby quilt. I have had the top done forever, but hadn't just taken a few hours to finish it the rest of the way. I've decided that I'm not going to buy more fabric until I finish some things up, so I did it.


I just quilted on each side of the long seams and did some parallel quilting on the border.

I thought it might look a little like the plaid on the backing if I used a larger stitch and spaced the lines differently. I don't think i really achieved the effect I was hoping for, but I still like it.




I used some multi-colored plaid for the back. I think my favorite part is the aqua binding. I really like the way it looks with both sides of the quilt.

To be honest I didn't really care for this top at first. I didn't love it or hate it. It seemed blah to me. After I finally worked on finishing it, I do really like it. Hooray!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mandy Mc said...

I really like this baby quilt. And, I have to agree...the aqua is my favorite part too! It really gives it that extra pop of color.