Monday, September 19, 2011

Back at it!

I've been sewing away, trying to get some unfinished projects into the finished pile! I have a couple of finished to show you this week!

First, I'm all caught up with the Skill Builder Sampler. I finished 2 blocks last night, but I had done the rest weeks ago. I switched purses and kept forgetting to grab my camera, so I never posted about them!


Breaking Out.
 I hate flying geese. I said it. I don't like making them and I don't particularly like how they look. Now I know.

Bow Ties.
I liked this block. Easy and you can do a million different layouts with them.

Virginia Star.
I like this block even though my points aren't perfect. It's the flying geese again.
Ohio Star.
Half square triangles are pretty easy. I don't love the orange in this block, but my points were spot on!
Double Star.
My points are TERRIBLE. Something was off on my piecing from the beginning of this block, but I like it anyway.
The hardest part of this quilt along is deciding on what fabrics to use. I keep putting them all up on the design wall to see which colors I need more (or less!) of.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy Ross said...

I'm thinking about making my Ohio Star like yours. I'm not a big fan of the crazy chaos going on with the sample block. we'll see.

You might not think the double star points are good, but overall I love the block.