Friday, June 24, 2011

Caught up on one thing!

I'm finally caught up on my Birdie Stitches blocks! I got behind because I didn't have any more blocks actually put together. I now have these two done and the next two waiting for the design!

When I first saw the May block, I didn't think I liked it. It turned out to be my favorite block so far! I left out a few little swirl flowers along the sides. I love how the big flowers came out.

The June block was a little bit too much for my liking. Almost the entire block was filled with text. After looking what other people had done on Flickr, I decided to take out a good bit of it. I like what I ended up with.




It feels nice to be caught up on this project. It's my first Quilt Along and I don't want to not finish it!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on getting caught up. I am working on my first quilt along too and I know what you mean by wanting to make sure you finish! Good luck! Your blocks look beautiful :)