Thursday, January 27, 2011

It arrived!!

For several years (maybe 7?) I've sewn on the most basic machine Brother makes. It looks very similar to this one:

Mine is only pink and white. No purple. It straight stitches and zigzags. That's all. Period. It has served me faithfully this whole time. Since I've started doing bigger projects, I've wanted to upgrade my machine. I used some rewards from MyPoints and Swagbucks and bought this machine. After my rewards, it cost me less than $75 delivered. I was super excited!


The new machine is a Brother CS6000I. It has 60 stitches and about 10 different feet. This was one of the main selling points for me. I wanted a walking foot for making quilting easier. The foot for my old machine was $30 so for $40 more, I got a whole new machine! I haven't done alot with it yet, but I have made one thing:

Yet another Kindle cover. I'm still not completely satisfied with how they are turning out. The very first one I made for myself I love, but I can't quite get the pattern right for replicating them. I'm still trying though!

I think next week I'm going to post pictures of my sewing "area" I am always interested in seeing everyone else's spaces, so maybe I'll share mine!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: