Tuesday, November 08, 2011

What's Old is New Again

Our neighbors had a yard sale this past weekend.  The nice old woman, Miss Pearl, who had lived there passed away in July and her family has been cleaning out her house.  We decided to stroll across the street to see if there was anything we needed.  I was quite excited to find this:
There is a little more than a yard of this Waverly fabric.  It's called "Country Kitchen."  Miss Pearl's daughter thought she had received for her wedding in 1965.  I think it is interesting that everyone thinks that aqua and orange is such a modern combination! 

This is my favorie little scene.  I like the spice cabinet and the rum bottle.  What else do you need? 
  The scale is rather large.  The first picture is almost the whole piece of fabric. I think I may fussy cut it to make shopping bags.Any other suggestions?


No comments: