Friday, June 22, 2012

Baby Quilt for Little Lela

My friend Mandy recently had her 3rd baby, Lela.  I had made quilts for both of her other sweet babies, so Lela wasn't going to be left out! !I had some Summer House by Lily Ashbury charms that I thought would make the perfect bright blanket. 


I think it would be great for a little fun in the sun!   

I had a few HSTs left over, so I used them to make a diamond on the back.  I quilted around the diamonds on the front using green and blue thread. 

I have never done bias cut binding, but I knew that these stripes need it.  I didn't find a good tutorial, so it was a little harder than I thought it would be, but I LOVE the stripes!

I stitched her name on it, just so she'll know it's especially for her. 
My skills have improved ALOT in the last 4 years, so maybe Lela's won't come apart a little everytime it gets washed! 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: